Feet are not the cutest things in the world, but with a regular foot care routine you can drastically improve their appearance. With summer just around the corner, now is the time to begin a foot care routine so that you can have baby soft feet to go with your sandals.
*Beware* There are pictures of my feet ahead. I don’t have the worst looking feet in the world, but they certainly aren’t the cutest either. If feet make you squeemish, you might want check out my hand care routine post instead. 🙂
My Foot Care Routine
1. Soak feet in warm water. I also like to add some epsom salt and essential oils. I usually do lavender or geranium.
2. Use a pumice stone to rub off callouses. Simply rub the pumice stone across any callouses and apply gently pressure. This won’t get rid of callouses completely, but it will help to soften them.
3. Push back cuticles on toenails. I usually have to use a metal cuticle pusher on my pinky toes to push back the cuticles, but I just use my fingernail on all the other cuticles. Both of my pinky toenails fell off a looooong time ago after a huge hiking trip which is why they grow in so weird. Ew.
4. Apply cuticle oil to cuticles and rub in with finger.
5. Apply foot cream to both feet and rub in completely.
6. Immediately put on fuzzy socks. They don’t have to be the fuzzy kind, but the fuzzy kind does help lock in the moisture better. Plus, they are so comfy! 😉
I do this foot care routine about once a week and I usually just do it in my bathtub. If you don’t have foot cream, you can use hand cream or regular lotion, but foot cream will work the best. If you want a daily foot care routine, just do steps 3-6.
Finally, once a month I use coconut oil to really make my feet baby soft. Get virgin, unrefined coconut oil and slather 1-2 TBSP on each foot. I don’t measure when I do this, I just get a ton of coconut oil all over my feet and concentrate on the rough areas. Then, I put fuzzy socks on and go to bed. I try to do this right at my bed just before falling asleep. If you walk around with this on your feet, you will get coconut oil all over your floor. When you wake up in the morning and take off the fuzzy socks, your feet will be sooooooooo soft. It’s amazing.
What do you do to get your feet ready for summer? Let me know if the comments or leave me a comment on facebook. 🙂
Subscribe Now for more gel polish tips and tricks from What The Gel Nails.